1 lb extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Some kids balk at good-for-you ricotta cheese, so we blend it into the sauce! And kids are none the wiser about the protein and calcium boost. (Hey, this trick works for picky spouses, too!)
Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8" loaf pan
with cooking spray. Rinse lasagna noodles and pat dry with paper towels. Brown ground beef. Drain and season with garlic powder and pepper. Mix spaghetti sauce, Parmesan and ricotta in a bowl and season with garlic powder.
Next build the lasagna layers:
• Lay lasagna noodles to cover the bottom of loaf pan.
• Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce along the bottom.
• Spread 1/2 of the meat along the bottom.
• Spread 1/3 of the mozzarella over the meat.
• Repeat layers two more times.
• Finish layers with noodles, sauce and mozzarella.
Bake 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 162 Carbs: 6 grams Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 160 grams Sodium: 249 mg WW Points Plus: 4